A general outline of our process follows:-
- We can meet at your place or ours, after hours if needed – because we understand that it is difficult to meet and discuss personal matters during work hours
- For starters, just an informal, no obligation “getting to know you” and getting to know us” meeting
- Next meeting – If you decide to proceed further, then it Is important that we get to know you in depth. A simple Fact Find (or Client Questionnaire) can be completed during our meeting (s) – or you can try and complete this beforehand yourself. Just click here to download a copy of this questionnaire.
- During this meeting (s) we will determine your Risk Profile and make sure you clearly understand the implications this has on our advice to you. For example, if you have a high risk tolerance, or a low risk tolerance, then either may result in poor financial outcomes. We will not issue advices until we all agree on your tolerance to investment risk.
- If you are seeking insurance advices, then we will ensure that adequate cover is quoted to meet your needs. You may not be able to afford this, so further meetings/discussions will be required
- After this meeting (s) – and you can have as many meetings as you like – a fair bit of research is required by us. To do this we need to ask you a lot of questions – not all are on the Fact Find form.
- We will need financial records, like superannuation statements, bank accounts, tax returns, insurance policy renewal notices, a personal budget and more. Click here to download a checklist of data. Not all will be required – we will let you know what to provide during our “getting to know you” meeting.
- Research, research, research, quotes, quotes and quotes. We will research your existing investments, superannuation and insurances. We will undertake investigations into suitable financial products and recommendations. Alternative strategies will be provided.
- A Statement of Advice (SoA) will then be completed, presented and explained.
- This SoA will set out our recommendations, alternative strategies, our costs and will include Product Disclosure Statements for recommended investments/insurances/superannuation
- Take your time – you are making an important step along the path to a secure future. Read and understand. Ask questions.
- If you are accepting our insurance recommendations, we urge you to view this short video on your Duty of Disclosure. Click here to view.
- If you decide to proceed with our recommendations, complete the Authority to Proceed within the SoA and any other documentation provided. We will ensure you understand what you are signing.
- Do not cancel any insurances until the replacement policy (ies) are in force. We will confirm this.
- Review your insurances/investments/strategy regularly. We will talk to you anytime. If you want monthly reviews, then so be it. We love email/SMS – so if something occurs to you in the middle of the night, just email or text us and we will respond within 24 hours (often quicker).